Monday, July 11, 2011

"The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."- Audrey Hepburn

The Audrey quote because I'm so feeling her look right now. However, because I have been unfortunately unable to grow the "cojones" to chop off my hair like hers, I am in need of a celebration for my current hair length. So I decided to curl it! Now for those of you who know me, you know that my hair is extremely thin and straight, so you are probably thinking, "Those curls will never stay!" I thought the same thing so I did my best to make sure they would stay for as long as possible!
This is what my hair looked like at the beginning of the day.
This is what my hair looked like after a full work day.
So the curls did fall a bit but I am pretty impressed with the results! Now I am going to share my secrets with you!
Things you will need:          
1) Volumizing mousse or spray
2) A hair dryer
3) Bobby Pins
4) Curling Iron
5) (Tons of) Hair spray
(optional: heat protection spray, round brush, clips, bandana/scarf)

Step 1- Wash your hair but use less conditioner than you might normally use. When you get out of the shower, comb out any tangles in your hair and part your hair. Towel dry a bit so that your hair is not soaking wet and apply your mousse or spray. I use Pantene Pro-V Mousse for fine hair which I purchased at Wal-Mart.
This is what one little curl pin looks like!
Step 2- Use your hair dryer to dry your hair completely. You can use your round brush a bit if you want, but I chose not to in order to avoid smoothing out any volume. After the hair is completely dry, I sprayed the crap out of my hair with hair spray. My hairspray is called Diamond Shine 24-hour firm hold hairspray. I purchased this from Sally Beauty Supply.
Step 3- Curl it! Use your curling iron to curl 1-2 inch sections of hair. When I curl my hair I use clips to section it, but you can curl it how ever you are comfortable! After you curl each section, use bobby pins to pin each curl in a little circle against your head.
Ready for bed!
Step 4- After you have finished pinning all of your curls, spray your hair again with hairspray. After that I took my hair dryer and put it on high heat low air speed and warm my curls for a minute or two.
Step 5- Almost done! At this point you should have a head full of little curls pinned down. If you think that your curls will stay you can take out the pins after an hour or so, spray and go. If you don't think they will stay and you have done all of this in the evening you can wrap your hair in a bandana and go to sleep! Wake up in the morning, take you pins out and smooth it out and you're good to go!
I hope you all enjoyed this! If you try it please let me know what kind of results you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment